[Libreoffice] installed 3.5 doesn't find MSVCR90.dll

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 02:12:29 PDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-10-02 at 12:04 +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have build current master with "make build" and installed from
> setup.exe in
> \instsetoo_native\wntmsci12.pro\LibreOffice_Dev\native\install\en-US
> The installed LO doesn' start, but gives error message (German WinXP)
> "Die Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, weil MSVCR90.dll nicht
> gefunden wurde."
> [Translation: The application could not be started because MSVCR90.dll
> is not found.]

I *believe*, from what tor or fridrich mentioned a day or two agao, that
its actually nothing really to do with MSVCR90.dll but a generic
"soffice.bin|.exe is broken" message. And probably fallout from the
attempt to gbuildize desktop.

caolanm->dtardon: I think there may be some fixes either in tree now, or
being worked on for this ?

C.