[Libreoffice] [EASY HACKS] machine translation of remaining german comments acceptable?

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Wed Oct 5 15:11:36 PDT 2011

Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 of October 2011, Noel Grandin wrote:
> > Yeah, the results are clunky.
>
>  I think it might make sense to include the machine translated comments, but
> mark them as such and still keep the original intact.

Which will clutter the code even more. What's the point then? People
can stick the comment into Google translate themselves.

>  It's going to take ages for it all to be translated manually and IMO the
> translations can be occassionally useful, even if of questionable quality.

I think it's at best dubious to have a machine-translate solution -
and then have the tendency to consider the problem solved.

Doing a sed for the, let's say 20 most common short German strings
would make sense though.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten