[Libreoffice] --with-alloc setting

Neil Leathers neil.r.leathers at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 09:45:23 PDT 2011

In running through my build settings I was trying to decide which value to use for --with-alloc=???. There isn't a specific recommendation on http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_build/Configure_options and the only other documentation I can find is that values other than "system" cause problems when testing. Currently it defaults to "internal" perhaps this should be changed to default to "system". If there is a good reason why "internal" is better then it should be documented on the wiki page. Or the trade offs and recommendations should be documented on the wiki.

Neil Leathers