[Libreoffice] installation fails because of missing MSVCR90.dll

Jesús Corrius jesus at softcatala.org
Thu Oct 6 11:29:51 PDT 2011

2011/10/6 Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi>:
> Could it be that we don't get any manifest into the executables, or
> something? That was broken at some stage after the gbuildification of
> desktop. Myself, I haven't had a successful build of master in a
> month.

It's very possible, yes.

Regina, this log is about the installation. Do you also have another
error log in the "Event Viewer" that is produced when you launch
soffice.exe? It probably mentions manifests and MSVCR90

Also you can use the tool mt.exe to check the manifest. The syntax is
something like:

$ mt.exe -inputresource:soffice.exe -out:soffice.manifest

(mt.exe should be located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v6.1\bin or a similar location)

Thanks again :)

--
Jesús Corrius <jesus at softcatala.org>
Document Foundation founding member