[Libreoffice] oox/source/drawingml/customshapepresets.cxx is just too much for gcc

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Fri Oct 7 11:01:38 PDT 2011

> Assuming that we will try to ditch MSVC in favor of mingw on Windows,

Not MinGW on Windows, but MinGW as cross-compiler from Linux (or from
some other Unix).

If you are building *on* Windows, use MSVC, is my opinion. OOo thinks
differently; they do/did try to support compiling using MinGW on
Windows (and they haven't done any cross-compilation efforts at all
AFAIK).

> will we require people hacking on Windows to use mingw exclusively?

I don't think we want to intentionally prevent the code from building
with MSVC, even when at 4.0 we (hopefully) start distributing a
cross-compiled build.

> Also, does mingw do platform specific optimization as well as MSVC does?

No idea, presumably not.

> How will one debug LibreOffice on Windows?

gdb? Yeah, horrible in many ways compared to Visual Studio.

> I assume using Visual Studio as a debugging tool is out the window (no
> pun intended)?

I *think* I have heard people talk about some add-on trick to make
Visual Studio understand also MInGW-generated debugging info.

--tml