[Libreoffice] troubles with merging libraries

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 11:22:51 PDT 2011

Hi there,

I just realized (although it's quite basic thing... I was never
thinking more about details of this merging thing)
that we can't merge anything what we would want.

For example we have libraries linking chain:
svx -> drawninglayer -> cppcanvas -> canvastools
In list of always used libs (when using writer, calc... ) is svx and
canvastools so we'd like to merge them but we can't because we'd get
linking dependency cycle.

So what is the best strategy now ? Try to merge as much as possible ?
Or carefully choose each one?

Maybe it's better to merge more.. but I'm not sure about this.

Matúš