[Libreoffice] segfault in sc

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Oct 10 12:56:31 PDT 2011

Hi Julien,

On Mon, 2011-10-10 at 20:01 +0200, Julien Nabet wrote:
> In fact, I used make debug=true for the test but it was useless since I
> compile the whole repo in debug (my autogen.lastrun includes these lines :

	Nice :-) well that means we get wonderful debugging symbols with string
dumping & all.

> I put a break on appinit.cxx:231 + break __cxa_throw, I pasted a first
> part here :
> http://pastebin.com/NAX6AUrJ
>
> then a second part here :
> http://pastebin.com/BBepMkcY

	These are beautiful :-)

> If you need more info with different break or something, don't hesitate
> to tell me.

	It'd be really nice to try to step through the constructor with 'n' 'n'
'n' to see where it bombs out, if you can, or ...

> For the moment I haven't put the try catch. Tell me if it's still useful
> and what's the best "fail_really_hard" (without breaking hardware :-) )

	Oh - *((int *) NULL) = 42; is always quite a good one ;-)

> Thank YOU for having given me some support on this :-)

	So - if we can't catch it inside gdb; I suggest a binary chop: add:
	try {
..
	} catch (const com::sun::star::uno::Exception &)
	{ fprintf( stderr, "Failed!\n" ); }

	around increasingly small section of code - until the unit test
passes ;-) The help is clearly not the problem, since the constructor
continues and we'd need to abort it before initializing the pObjShells -
but the next one is perhaps more so. Hopefully we can make some headway
with that.

	Thanks !

		Michael.