[Libreoffice] QA session at LibreOffice conference

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Mon Oct 10 21:36:25 PDT 2011

Hi,

I will no be there and am not involved into any preparations, so I do
not know what we are talking about. Unfortunately this and next week my
job only will leave few time for LibO activity.

> [...] And usually it also are ad hoc contributions that I
> make.

As we all - more or less, and I believe that's a problem we have.
Whether a bug will reach the fixing process is rather "by pure chance",
not the result of a reliable process.

> So talking about "Improving the Development / QA cycle" ... I feel I do
> not have enough real knowledge.

Me too, I've just started to think about that. Currently I know from my
statistics
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:RBd/Workbench#Compare_Bugzilla_Activity_LibO_.3C-.3E_OOo>
that approximately 80 Bugzilla bugs per day have any changes. The
average is that approximately 6 bugs will be terminated by a fix, being
recognized as duplicate or something else.
15 per day are new reports, see following weekly statistic
<https://bugs.freedesktop.org/report.cgi?y_axis_field=&cumulate=0&z_axis_field=&format=bar&x_axis_field=version&x_labels_vertical=1&query_format=report-graph&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=LibreOffice&longdesc_type=allwordssubstr&longdesc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&resolution=FIXED&resolution=WONTFIX&resolution=DUPLICATE&resolution=WORKSFORME&resolution=MOVED&resolution=NOTABUG&resolution=NOTOURBUG&resolution=---&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&chfieldfrom=-7d&chfieldto=-0d&chfield=[Bug+creation]&chfieldvalue=&action=wrap&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=>
but what exactly is the other activity, is that methodical or
accidently, is there a possibility to organize the process more efficient?

I'm thinking about that and hope that we can discuss that soon in a
group of users with significant QA / Bug confirming activity.
Preparations are on the way (with very small steps).

> But then Rainer would be at least as good as me for that?

I'll be absent, sigh ...

Hope you will have some interesting days,

cheers

Rainer