[Libreoffice] QA session at LibreOffice conference

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Tue Oct 11 01:09:05 PDT 2011

Hi Rainer,

Rainer Bielefeld wrote (11-10-11 06:36)

> I will no be there and am not involved into any preparations, so I do
> not know what we are talking about. Unfortunately this and next week my
> job only will leave few time for LibO activity.

Sorry to hear that you'll not be there.
I just was lucky with my work that I could fold things around the
conference.

>> [...] And usually it also are ad hoc contributions that I
>> make.
>
> As we all - more or less, and I believe that's a problem we have.
> Whether a bug will reach the fixing process is rather "by pure chance",
> not the result of a reliable process.

ok, we'll take that with us for the discussion.

>> So talking about "Improving the Development / QA cycle" ... I feel I do
>> not have enough real knowledge.
>
> Me too, I've just started to think about that. Currently I know from my
> statistics

I'll look at those too. Thanks - it will help, as will your other
suggestions.
Together - though it may not be perfect - we know more.

> Hope you will have some interesting days,

Thanks. Will do our best and communicate with you and the others about
the meeting.

Cheers,

--
  - Cor