[Libreoffice] Properties not accessible

Knut Olav Bøhmer bohmer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 03:09:57 PDT 2011

Hi,

Why is it that some properties on some objects/services are not settable
from BASIC?
Like for example
"ThisComponent.getTextSections().getByName("sectionName").IsAutomaticUpdate
= True" has no effect
Is it some way to "fix" it?

I'm also trying to set
oDoc.getTextSections().getByName("sectionName").FileLink.FileURL, but it's
also not possible.

Am i doing it the wrong way?

I remember I've had this problem before, long time ago. I think I was trying
to set some properties on a hyperlink.
I did also make a java addon to test if it would be possible to do it from
java. But it was not possible.
Can we take some action to fix this kind of issues?

Would it help to write my addons in C++? Or would that not make a
difference?

--
Knut Olav Bøhmer