[Libreoffice] --enable-pch

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Oct 17 06:42:59 PDT 2011

Tor Lillqvist <tml at ...> writes:

> Don't know at what stage it was turned off, or whether it has ever
> been on by default.
AFAIK it has never been on for LO, and also not on for Community-OOo build were
it was declared as experimental.

> I recall when precompiled headers was discussed maybe a year ago,
> and people were saying that it should be used because it speeds up
> the build a lot.

Gotta be half a year ago, as it was me who did speak about the possible speedup
of pch.

> I tried then, and eventually in some modules it was so broken that I
> just gave up, had other things to do...

Yes, I remember that, but maybe it is indeed worth a (final) try now as
removetooltypes is in. If we dont use it, I would also remove the support for it
in gbuild as it creates a _lot_ of complexity (and it was really painful to
implement).

Best,

Bjoern