[Libreoffice] Styles cleanup & removing option page std fonts

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Oct 19 07:19:56 PDT 2011

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 18:03 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
>> Interest caught by your presentation in Paris, I saw your patch in cgit:
>>    359d0fbd03a68d9131e8fb25e7dac9f19ddf6dcb
>>
>> I understand the idea to remove default paragraph styles such as list,
>> list1, list1 cntd, list2 end etc etc
>> But I do not understand what the link is with removing the option page
>> std fonts (Tools > Options > Writer > Basic fonts (& CTL, Asian)
>> I mean, the option for List fonts indeed can be missed, but what about
>> the other 4?
>> Could you pls explain?
>
> This option page does exactly the same than changing the values in the
> style directly. In a not-so-far future, I'ld like to have this all
> configured through a default template instead of what we have... and
> removing that option page is on the way to this goal.

(Maybe this was already discussed before.)

It would be nice if the default template that ships with LibreOffice would
ship with visually attractive styles, and paragraph styles for commonly
used blocks or admonitions, eg. listing-block, literal-block, note, tip,
important, ...

It would make using OpenOffice by default more attractive without the need
to look for existing templates and/or mess around with styles. I know one
can already do this for themselves, but normal users shouldn't be exposed
to it for basic usage. The current default styles just don't cut it :-/

Not just for Writer, but also for Calc, Impress, etc...