[Libreoffice] make experts: progress information?

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Thu Oct 20 05:25:33 PDT 2011

Hi Michael,

On 2011-10-20 at 09:13 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	Of course; the question really is how best to do that. There is a
> fairly firm consensus against building our own gnumake, so - I wonder
> what ways we could use to extract the information.

So I think we could do it even without patching gnumake ;-)  I'd just
increment a global variable in in every gb_LinkTarget_add_*
(solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk) - that way we'd get the sum of how many
'things' to do; and then the progress would be tracked in
gb_Output_announce (solenv/gbuild/Output.mk), by incrementing another
variable.

Most probably it wouldn't be 100% precise, but good enough for zenity?

Regards,
Kendy