[Libreoffice] need mentoring on framework module (enabling toolpanels)

Laurent Godard oooconv at free.fr
Thu Oct 20 08:19:31 PDT 2011

Hi all

before diving in calc large file in november, i have to deal at the
moment with XToolPanel

the purpose is to be able to have things in task pane and manipulate
them using scripting (macro or python at the moment)

i add some succes with
core/testautomation/extensions/optional/input/extension_sources/TaskPaneComponent

and it seems promising

BUT (there is always a BUT to have more fun !)

reading
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@api.openoffice.org/msg10273.html

"They're not yet fully integrated into the UI framework implementation,
that is, you cannot yet use the Layout Manager to control them (this
is up to a next step, where the existing implementation is to be
merged with some layout manager refactoring)."

So, I do not have the skills to do the whole refactoring of the
framework module but i would like to try to add the support of toolpanels

I already looked at some source code and did some rough modification
taking example on other UIElements, but no success for the moment.

essentially in
framework/source/uiconfiguration/moduleuiconfigurationmanager.cxx as
using it in scprit, a lot of UIElements are shown but no toolpanels

before going further and wasting a lot of time (well, i could see it at
learning), I definitvely need someone that could mentor me and put me in
the right directions (what is really misisng, what should i write, which
UiElement could I take as example)

Thanks a lot in advance !!!

Laurent