[Libreoffice] make experts: progress information?

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Thu Oct 20 11:20:34 PDT 2011

At 11:19am -0400 Thu, 20 Oct 2011, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 04:45:25PM +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>> Cmake somehow manages to have a progress indication that works
>> quite reasonably, but I have no idea how it does that, whoever
>> wants this would need to examine the makefiles it generates.
>
> As said: It can be done rather simple with an one extra make run ...

I need to be careful in what I say here, because I recognize that I'm
not likely going to be able to do this particular set of work, and there
are at least two active devs of this part of the codebase who've
expressed a desire not to dour up this overburdened section of code.

That said, I anecdotally note on my limited-in-hardware machine, that a
consecutive run of make is almost instantaneous.  Would a make -pn
really be that expensive?

Cheers,

Kevin