[Libreoffice] need mentoring on framework module (enabling toolpanels)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Oct 21 09:13:56 PDT 2011

Hi Laurent,

On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 17:19 +0200, Laurent Godard wrote:
> before diving in calc large file in november, i have to deal at the
> moment with XToolPanel

	Sounds exciting :-)

> the purpose is to be able to have things in task pane and manipulate
> them using scripting (macro or python at the moment)

	Yep - looks lovely.

> i add some succes with
> core/testautomation/extensions/optional/input/extension_sources/TaskPaneComponent

	So - you can get a tool panel presented and working for you ? [ do you
get to the green screenshot state ? ].

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/Article/Tool_Panels

> So, I do not have the skills to do the whole refactoring of the
> framework module but i would like to try to add the support of toolpanels

	Of course. I wonder what is not working for you (?)

> I already looked at some source code and did some rough modification
> taking example on other UIElements, but no success for the moment.

	Would love to read the patch.

> essentially in
> framework/source/uiconfiguration/moduleuiconfigurationmanager.cxx as
> using it in scprit, a lot of UIElements are shown but no toolpanels

	Right; unfortunately there is already quite a bit of bulk & duplication
in that beast.

> before going further and wasting a lot of time (well, i could see it at
> learning), I definitvely need someone that could mentor me and put me in
> the right directions (what is really misisng, what should i write, which
> UiElement could I take as example)

	So - I'm happy to help - do you have a patch I can play with ? also
what do you want to put in your panel ? [ I for one would love to have
some share-pointy stuff in there, workflows and so on for relevant
documents ].

	All the best,

		Michael.