[Libreoffice] make check fails in ScFiltersTest

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 24 12:37:53 PDT 2011

Hey,

2011/10/24 Eike Rathke <erack at redhat.com>:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday, 2011-10-20 23:53:39 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
>
>> Kohei, Eike: Any ideas why our xls import of these cells goes wrong in
>> a windows build. It seems that none of our Linux or mac builds has a
>> problem with this cell import. I'm looking if perhaps my mingw build
>> shows the same but otherwise I have no idea. The content looks a bit
>> like the fact that we added a non initialized double variable.
>
> There may be two reasons that only shows up on a certain platform:
>
> a) as already lined out on IRC, for uninitialized variables allocated
>   memory may have different content on different platforms.
>
> b) if that's only with one compiler and code inspection does not reveal
>   an uninitialized variable, sometimes compiler optimization may
>   "overdo" a bit. In such cases it may help to declare an affected
>   variable as volatile.

I tried with our mingw build and it happens there too. I can't debug
it because any recent debug mingw builds from me won't start. An older
non debug build showed that problem. I'm trying again to get a windows
build but my hopes are very low. I have never been able to get a
working windows build.

To test it you can use the formats.xls or even better the matrix.xls
which shows that it seems to be only related to some numbers. I
haven't seen a system behind them yet.

It would be good if I won't be able to get a windows build soon that
someone with one (or a mingw debug build) could have a look at it.

Thanks a lot,
Markus