[Libreoffice] SmART Gallery as integrated part of LibreOffice core

Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai kami911 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 13:50:20 PDT 2011

Hi LibreOffice Fans,

We (my friend Tibusz and me) are thinking about to integrate SmART into
LibreOffice suite. I hope you saw the ligtning talk about SmART. What
you think about this extension? What is your opinion about the
integration? We know this is currently impossible because SmART uses
Java. So we have plan to reimplement the SmART Gallery in C++. Of course
we do this huge task only if there is a chance to make SmART Gallery
functionality integral part of LibO. Should we create a chart2 like
module for SmART or what would be the best solution? If our plan get
green light from you we need a mentor who help us.

Introduction of SmART Gallery:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Extensions/SmART_Gallery

Extension release:
http://extensions-test.libreoffice.org/extension-center/smart/releases