[Libreoffice] Windows build tagging ...

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:55:01 PDT 2011

Hi *,

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 22:05 +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
>> I have build it (about 2011-10-19) with commit ID
>> 5ad4d151dac1eb887d92200330e31af269d8d1fd
>
>        Ah ! this is where I needed to put my magic note; I've just pushed
> that. I added support to './g':
>
>   --last-working      checks out the last known working build (useful for windows)
>   --set-last-working  adds a note denoting a working build
>   --push-notes        pushes all notes
>
>        That - hopefully will be useful for this in future - so we can hoist
> the note up the tree as/when we get a perfect build. If you try:

So I suspect the --set-last-working shall be limited to the
tinderboxes that build regularly with a non-changing setup, i.e.
without having random other stuff that might affect the build-result?

>        git log

never used the notes feature - but its help says that it can list the
notes - so no parsing of the full log necessary, just using "git notes
list" and iterate the list of note-object until the "magic string" is
found, and then checkout the corresponding annotated object.

or if one wants to parse a log, one can do it with

git log -p `git notes get-ref`
that way one only has to examine the ones that match. or can do a

git log -p -S"win32 working build" `git notes get-ref`

and only get the commits with a corresponding match.

The annotated commit is extracted from the "+++ b/<commit-hash>" line

> [...]  we need the previous commit hash, and to check that out. Of course it'd
> be nice if 'git notes' had a search function, or sorted output or ...
> showed the note text or ... ;-) but it does not.

See above - can combine the two methods :-)

ciao
Christian