[Libreoffice] Suggestions for improving the look 'n' feel of LibreOffice

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Sat Oct 29 14:37:47 PDT 2011

At 12:57pm -0400 Fri, 28 Oct 2011, Alexander Wilms wrote:
> There's a short summary with a few examples in this document:
> http://ubuntuone.com/7m7AXgeh7OIwGBiCOHAjGh
>
> 1) It would be useful if the user could define alternating colors
> for table rows/columns and maybe even export Styles for
> text/shapes/tables formatting and coloring to a xml file or something
> for easy exchange.

I concur that this would be very helpful, at least in my line(s) of
work.  I hope, however, that it could be more general than just "every
other" row/column.  For instance, there are times I need every 3rd row
to be colored, or I need a set of 2 rows colored every 2 rows.
Something like

Row 1: color 1
Row 2: color 1
Row 3: color 2
Row 4: color 2
Row 5: color 1
Row 6: color 1
Row 7: color 2
Row 8: color 2
etc.

I've done this manually to date, but having a general description or way
to handle this would be *very* nice.

As to how difficult it would be to implement?  I don't know.  I'm not
working in that part of the code.  However, I'll bet an interested
(coding) party would have an easier time going about it if there were an
actual use-case/specification.

Cheers,

Kevin