[Libreoffice] how to 'make' a single target?

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Sat Oct 29 15:17:09 PDT 2011

Hullo List,

I'm currently working in the sc/ module, and I'm in the "make small
change, re-compile, make small change, re-compile" stage.  This is
proving very cumbersome, however, as I'm unable to re-make just the
affected files.  For instance, note my attached output, showing the
output of

$ make -j1 | head; sleep; make -j1 | head

Should not at least the first 3 completed executions no longer need to
be re-executed?

This is frustrating because it results in a latency of 5+ minutes on my
slow 2-core machine before I can see the results of a code change.

Are there any pointers for me on how I can compile _just the exact_
piece of code on which I'm working (and affected other snippets, of course)?

Thanks,

Kevin