[Libreoffice] Trinity Desktop Environment (TDE) desktop integraton for LibreOffice

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Oct 31 09:29:06 PDT 2011

On Monday 31 of October 2011, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Timothy,
>
> On Sun, 2011-10-30 at 21:54 -0500, Timothy Pearson wrote:
> > I have created a patch that enables Trinity Desktop Environment (TDE, the
> > successor to KDE3.5.10) desktop integration for LibreOffice.  The patch
> > is based against a copy of the LibreOffice GIT pulled on 10/28/2011 and
> > has been tested as fully functional on the latest TDE release (v3.5.13).
>
> 	Great ! :-) you managed to get past the vcl updates we did recently,
> which is good.

 As a sidenote, no idea what you mean here. I don't think anything has
significantly changed in the KDE3/4 vcl modules in the last year and they
still work.

> > The patch file is available in our GIT tree here:
> > http://git.trinitydesktop.org/viewgit/index.php?a=tree&p=Trinity%20Deskto
> >p%20Environment&hb=HEAD&f=main/thirdparty/libreoffice/git_10_28_2011/patch
> >es
>
> 	So - my normal instinct here would be to merge your first patch
> immediately :-) and do a little dance as well.
>
> 	In this case, I think we need to consider maintainability quite
> carefully, and perhaps there are a few tricks here that we can do to
> reduce the amount of work and code duplication necessary to support TDE
> just as well.
>
> 	Lets discuss that privately with Lubos, but I think we can get this
> fixed up and merged for the 3.5 release (freeze is Dec 5th) quite
> easily.

 The original mail rings a bell ...
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2011-September/017515.html .

 And I don't remember any reply to my questions, and I don't see anything
changing since then, so they still stand: What are the reasons this is done
as a huge copy&paste s/KDE/TDE/ patch?

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz