[Libreoffice] Fw from tdf-discuss: Howto start building from tarball for Solaris x86

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Fri Sep 2 00:12:31 PDT 2011

Hi Karl,

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 01:57:57PM +0200, Karl Behler wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone can help me with my libreoffice build from
> source problem. Meanwhile I did two trials, one on solaris and one
> on suse 11.4.
> Both failed at the point where the real source is required to "make"
> libreoffice.
> The automatic fetch from the web seems not to work since there are
> some web servers missing.
> There is no hint how to spreadout the tarball of source code so that
> it is recognized by the configre and make.
> So the bootstrap procedure foreseen in the bootstrap package seems
> to be broken.

If you need to port LibreOffice and build from source tarballs, it would be
best to start with the current development version (which will become 3.5.0);
the number of distribution files has been considerably reduced and changes
can be integrated more easily.

Have a look at this Makefile, it describes a minimal set of tarballs
needed to get a build going:

You'll need the core dictionaries and help files, and the ones described in

If you run pkgsrc on your systems, the package should at the bare minimum
download the files for you.

Francois Tigeot