[Libreoffice] A belated hello

Stephan Bergmann stephan.bergmann.secondary at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 2 00:32:28 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

As you might already have noticed, I've started to become active around here recently.  That's because, since yesterday, I'm an employee of Red Hat (though not yet with a proper email address, but that will change soon), having the pleasure of reinforcing its great LibreOffice team.

In case you don't know me yet, I've been a long time member of the Hamburg OOo team, working mostly on the lower layers of the project, the UNO stuff, system abstraction, configmgr, building, testing, clean code, C++/Java/Posix standards conformance, linkers, whatever…

I hope we'll have fun together over here (at least as much as we used to have over at OOo---well, most of the time at least…).  And I also hope we'll continue to cooperate in good spirit with the folks who resurrect OOo now as an Apache incubator project, as well as with all the other groups in the larger OOo ecosystem.  (Disclosure: I signed up as initial committer when that Apache project started this summer, and have since been somewhat active there.  Lets see how that develops.)

-Stephan