[Libreoffice] Additional info (was: Re: [PUSHED] "thereof" should be translated to modern English)

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Mon Sep 5 09:43:45 PDT 2011

Hey Caolán, hi Lior!

I just noticed this discussion, so here some additional remarks. Cool,
it seems you've addressed one of my ancient "undecided" items ;-)

Am Montag, den 05.09.2011, 14:33 +0100 schrieb Caolán McNamara:
> On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 13:10 +0300, Lior Kaplan wrote:
> > The calc print window uses has "There of". Although correct English,
> > it seem not to be the best choice of words.
> > See http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/msg03013.html
> >
> > The following minor patch tries to fix this. Any rejections ?
>
> Looks reasonable to me. Pushed now to master.

When working on the printing topic, we've did several string review
iterations for the new dialog. For English, Liz was so kind to support
me (Liz is the author of the OOo terminology style guide).

The discussion item:
        The sub-group name "Thereof print" seems to be an issue because
        of the mixture of nouns and verbs. Liz proposed "Withing the
        print range, print:".

@ Lior: Do you think the proposal by Liz might fit better (and does meet
l10n requirements in terms of length)? Otherwise, I'm fine (and thankful
for your tweak).

For details (further proposals and the complete string review):
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Printerpullpages/String_Reviews

The most recent printing UI mockup incl. string review markups:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/9/94/2010-01-17_PrintingDialog_inclStringReview.png

Cheers,
Christoph