[Libreoffice] In config.log: conftest.c(42) : fatal error C1083:

Michael Stahl mst at openoffice.org
Mon Sep 5 11:57:46 PDT 2011

On 05.09.2011 20:25, Regina Henschel wrote:
> I see the following error in config.log
> conftest.c(42) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
> 'valgrind.h': No such file or directory
>
> The output itself gives only
> checking valgrind.h usability... no
> checking valgrind.h presence... no
> checking for valgrind.h... no
>
> I wonder about the term "fatal error".

this is from the C compiler, and if it cannot open an #include file,
well, as far as the compiler is concerned that's a fatal error.

it is of course not fatal for your build; in this case Valgrind doesn't
even exist for Windows.

the configure script will exit with an error in case something that it
didn't find is really required for the build.

> Kind regards
> Regina

regards,
 michael