[Libreoffice] ccache support

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Fri Sep 9 09:10:21 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 12:56 -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:

> 2/ I had a spike in IRC questions/confusions from new tentative
> contributors on that topic, so I wanted to make it as newbie friendly
> as possible. iow a 'just fscking work' approach.

Cache compression is advertised as saving space in the cache in return
for a modest increase in compilation time.  For me, it is the clear
choice: I see the improved cache usage, and I do not notice the
increased time.

I wonder if any of our hackers using ccache would have the contrary
opinion.  IOW, should our configuration enable compression
unconditionally?  As an option to autogen.sh?  (FWIW, I have changed
my local set_soenv.in to enable compression unconditionally, and I
have completed one successful build.)

Terry.