[Libreoffice] additional symbols or alternatively stencils in Draw templates

Ulrich Moser ulrich.moser at zpk-moser.de
Mon Sep 12 14:58:03 PDT 2011

Although I always try to convince people to use LibreOffice or
OpenOffice before LB started there is one complaint coming back
regularly. That is the missing capabilities of Draw compared to Visio.
A first step in that direction would be offering more drawing symbols
like a symbol set for BPMN. If someone could give some assistance on how
such an additional symbol set could be integrated I would be willing to
provide it. The further step would be implementing stencils in Draw
templates.

I created some stencil sets for Visio in the past therefore I have some
experience in doing so but I have know idea who they could be
integrated. They are somehow like template internal galleries but every
shape can have attributes like for network mapping a field IP address
for every shape representing an active component together with a name, a
type and so on. Therefore a dynamic dialog would be necessary to show
these attributes and let the user enter the values.

Finally a shape editor would be nice to allow the user for creating his
own stencils.

Is there anybody else interested in such an extension and able to aid
with the programming part?

Kind regards

Ulrich

ZPK Moser UG (haftungsbeschränkt) i.G.
Ulrich Moser - Geschäftsführer
Schlossstraße 7 - 78244 Gottmadingen
+49 (0)7734 395 494 - +49 (0)179 915 54 18
www.zpk-moser.de - ulrich.moser at zpk-moser.de