[Libreoffice] 3.5 release from QA to point-zero

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 03:30:38 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 08:26 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Hope I have made my concerns a bit more clear now.

Not really, I'm probably in the same boat as Kohei and somewhat confused
by the whole thread. Maybe we need *shorter* emails that don't try to be
polite ;-) Problem at the top, proposed solutions afterwards.

"I think 3-5 will be a crap release because there's too many changes
that I don't think we'll be able to test between now and release", is
that the summary ? or "I believe 3-4 was a crap release because of X, Y
and Z, I think we can avoid that by D".

I never felt we got specifics on the "3-4 was bad". I'm not saying it
was awesome, just to hard to get a handle on something nebulous. One
possibility is that it was stuff like the dictionary-upgrade failure on
windows. That was pretty gruesome I suppose. So to try and avoid
getting caught by windows-specific bugs we are now making windows
dailies available. That should help on that front anyway.

C.