[Libreoffice] Problem using Java for integration from JBoss 5.1

Herter, Scott Scott.Herter at napersoft.com
Tue Sep 13 09:05:51 PDT 2011

We have been using OpenOffice in the past to convert RTF documents to PDF and to print them.  We have upgraded and after updating the Jar files in our EAR file we now get an exception:

2011-09-13 10:58:19,725 ERROR [STDERR] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-1) Error   DOMSource cannot be processed: check that saxon9-dom.jar is on the classpath
2011-09-13 10:58:19,725 ERROR [STDERR] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-1) net.sf.saxon.trans.XPathException: DOMSource cannot be processed: check that saxon9-dom.jar is on the classpath
2011-09-13 10:58:19,725 ERROR [STDERR] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-1)   at net.sf.saxon.event.Sender.send(Sender.java:226)
2011-09-13 10:58:19,725 ERROR [STDERR] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-1)   at net.sf.saxon.IdentityTransformer.transform(IdentityTransformer.java:29)
2011-09-13 10:58:19,725 ERROR [STDERR] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-1)   at com.napersoft.databases.R70.NRUtils.decodeXML(NRUtils.java:1160)

Without the OpenOffice 3.3 jar files that code works fine, with the 3.3 Jar files it fails with the message above.  The code being invoked has nothing to do with OpenOffice, it has to do with formatting some XML for display.  I noticed that there is a saxon9.jar as part of the 3.3 jars and that is included in the manifest as a jar file dependency and it is bundled with the EAR file.  It is like some of the Jar files are replacing or interfering with the javax.xml.* packages provided by JBoss.

Is there some minimal set of 3.3 jars I can use?  Most of the time we are loading an RTF document and converting it to PDF or printing it.  We also use cursors to search for bookmarks and insert page breaks as well as get a page count.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.