[Libreoffice] [REVIEW 3-4] Revised patches: fdo#40701 Base crashes when "Find Record" button is clicked

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Fri Sep 16 14:50:04 PDT 2011

Here are revised patches as per Eike's comments.

They fix fdo#40701, which is a crasher, a regression and a "most
annoying 3.4 bug".

*0001-fdo-40701-*
fixes the root cause of the bug, which caused
void DbGridControl::EnableHandle(sal_Bool bEnable)
{
    RemoveColumn(0);
    m_bHandle = bEnable;
    InsertHandleColumn();
}
to misfunction: RemoveColumn(0) silently did not remove the column, so
the call to InsertHandleColumn() added a second Handle Column, which
confused the code in other places.

There are two versions of it:
 * The one suggested by Eike
 * The one preferred by me

Either one will fix fdo#40701, but I consider mine more robust, and
it corresponds to what I did in master. See previous message(s) in
this thread for details on that.

0002-FmXGridPeer-getByIndex-Error-checking-of-pGrid-GetMo.patch
fixes the reason the bug was a crasher instead of just "broken
feature, nothing happens when "Find Record" button is clicked".

Although patch 0001 removes the known way of triggering the crash, I'd
find it still find it relevant to apply the "don't crash" protection
in 0002.

--
Lionel