[Libreoffice] gbuild question

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 21:19:10 PDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Peter Foley <pefoley2 at verizon.net> wrote:

> I'm working on converting soltools to gbuild but I've come across a
> problem.
> soltools/testhxx/makefile.mk echos the commandline to compile a
> cxx file to a temporary file and then runs it through a perl script.
> What I need is a way to get the command line used to compile a file with
> out actually executing it.
> With dmake this seems to be accomplished with
> CAPTURE_COMMAND but I haven't been able to find equivalent funcionality in
> gbuild. A pointer would be appreciated.

Peter,

The first question you should ask youself is: is this thing actually
used somewhere....

git grep testhxx
soltools/prj/build.lst:so  soltools\testhxx
nmake   -   all so_testhxx so_mkdep NULL
soltools/prj/d.lst:..\%__SRC%\bin\testhxx* %_DEST%\bin\testhxx*
soltools/testhxx/create.pl:    $in =~ s!\S+/testhxx.cxx!-x c++ /proc/self/fd/0!
soltools/testhxx/create.pl:    $in =~ s!\S+/testhxx.cxx!\${my_tmp}!
soltools/testhxx/create.pl:    $in =~ s!\S+/testhxx.cxx!\${my_tmp}!
soltools/testhxx/create.pl:    print STDOUT 'echo \'no testhxx on this
platform\'', "\n";
soltools/testhxx/makefile.mk:TARGET := testhxx
soltools/testhxx/makefile.mk:CAPTURE_OUTPUT = >
$(MISC)$/testhxx.output && $(TOUCH) $(SLO)$/testhxx.obj
soltools/testhxx/makefile.mk:SLOFILES = $(SLO)$/testhxx.obj
soltools/testhxx/makefile.mk:$(BIN)$/$(TARGET) .ERRREMOVE :
$(MISC)$/testhxx.output create.pl
soltools/testhxx/makefile.mk:    $(PERL) -w create.pl <
$(MISC)$/testhxx.output > $@
soltools/testhxx/makefile.mk:$(MISC)$/testhxx.output: $(SLO)$/testhxx.obj

Apparently the answer is.. no.

Not that soltools contain mostly stuff in support for the old build
system. it is possible that some of theses tools may still be
used/needed by gbuild... but it is quite possible that most will not.

That may not be the best module to convert. if any of it remain
necessary after the full gbuild conversion, it will be the last module
to ever join tail_build since any dmake module left would  depends on
it.

Norbert