[Libreoffice] gbuild question

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Sun Sep 18 23:49:35 PDT 2011

On 09/17/2011 06:19 AM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Peter Foley<pefoley2 at verizon.net>  wrote:
>>
>> I'm working on converting soltools to gbuild but I've come across a
>> problem.
>> soltools/testhxx/makefile.mk echos the commandline to compile a
>> cxx file to a temporary file and then runs it through a perl script.
>> What I need is a way to get the command line used to compile a file with
>> out actually executing it.
>> With dmake this seems to be accomplished with
>> CAPTURE_COMMAND but I haven't been able to find equivalent funcionality in
>> gbuild. A pointer would be appreciated.
>
> Peter,
>
> The first question you should ask youself is: is this thing actually
> used somewhere....
[...]
> Apparently the answer is.. no.

testhxx was invented at the time we made the code warning free, and
started with cleaning up the headers.  It allowed to compile just a
given header, with all the command line arguments of a normal compiler call.

That said, it has probably not been used lately, probably rotted, and if
we ever feel a need for it again, we could create a new one from scratch
in the context of the new build system.  So, the old one can probably be
removed now.

-Stephan