[Libreoffice] virus in git repository?

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 08:33:31 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Brian Wilson <bountonw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have cloned the git repository for libreoffice to my son's Debian
> computer as well as my mac. The internet is flaky and after several
> attempts to get the source on my windows computer, I decided to copy
> the entire git repository folder from my sons computer. The problem is
> that when I tried to copy to the windows computer, avast antivirus
> software won't let me copy as it claims that
> /svtools/qa/cppunit/data/wmf/pass/CVE-2006-4070-1.wmf is a virus.
> After several failed attempts I turned off the antivirus software (and
> unplugged my 3G dongle) and copied it anyway.

That is most likely a false positive.. The file above is apparently a
test document for a security bug so it may contained weirdly formed
data that confuse the virus scanner

> I am reporting it here in case it is of importance.
>
> Anyway, the git pull failed with the error message: error: Entry
> 'basic/source/app/basic.hrc' not uptodate. Cannot merge.

that is because the file basic/source/app/basic.hrc has some local
un-committed change.
if you did not intend to do that (i.e change that file) then

git checkout -f basic/source/app/basic.hrc

should put things back in order

Norbert