[Libreoffice] Build in xmloff fails on Mac OSX

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 21:29:06 PDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 3:08 AM, Alexander Thurgood
<alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am currently attempting the build on 2 Mac machines, an OSX Server and
> my Macbook Pro. Ultimately, I would like to be able to offer one of the
> machines as a tinbuild (the server probably, as it doesn't do much most
> of the time) whereas the Macbook is my workhorse, but if I can't even
> get it to build with the basic --with-distro=LibreOfficeMacOSX switch
> then that is going to be a challenge.

Ok, so Most it not all the 'complication' in building mac come from

1/ building mozilla... so --disable-mozilla is a great first step,
next is probably to use the prebuilt binary for mozilla.
2/ having macports of finks packages getting in the way: ironically
many times macports/fink installed version of common tools/libs get in
the way of the SDK, so making sure that your build env does not see
these macport/fink packages if any  is a good thing.

Recently I've had issues with ulimit... especially ulimit -n (max
number of open files). my system defaulted to 256 which prove to be
too low, which made offapi and similar idlc processing module fail.
on my box I added in /etc/launchd,conf

limit maxproc 1024 2000
limit maxfiles 2048 4096

note that I have in /etc/sysctl.conf