[Libreoffice] goodbye ( nearly ) msocximex.[ch]xx

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Mon Sep 26 04:10:40 PDT 2011

with the following commits

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f8f54cbb5d6a34ea74c4e92a3bdb8e34b7b101d6
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=5609c512cd4d2899300b432d88d93cff05a05c87
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=590d9596c54443dc6b65a811569ec74371fa4794
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=b778d1a03c0cdf4d0ab0352e08e00ca4d27aef03

the remainder of the old ole controls filter msocximex.[ch]xx is
effectively removed [1] and all the remaining functionality ( mosty
export support for OLE controls ) has been removed. This is a large
change so please beware and report problems in this area. I have done
some testing with import/export ( for calc and writer but NOT powerpoint
). Ideally there should be no ( negative ) difference between
import/export of OLE controls between master and 3.4. However there are
some known issues

a) there are at least some problems with reading the result of exported
MorphDataControl(s) where a MorphDataControl is one of the six controls:
CheckBox, ComboBox, ListBox, OptionButton, TextBox and ToggleButton (
these all share the same export routine ) The remaining controls types
CommandButtons, ScrollBars and SpinButtons seem to export ( and be
readable from Microsoft office )

I of course will fix the export of the above controls but as the patch
is so big I really need to commit it as it is getting hard to maintain.

thanks,
Noel

[1] there is just now a small piece of code remaining in msocximex, to
remove it looks like some changes would be required to the powerpoint
filter and some code that is present in the filter module would need to
move out to sd.