[Libreoffice] IAccessible2 - Windows (from libreoffice-accessibility)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Sep 27 07:41:01 PDT 2011

Hi Christophe,

	Thanks for forwarding this.

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 10:50 +0200, Christophe Strobbe wrote:
> It appears that the code is still only available in CWSes:
> <http://hg.services.openoffice.org/>. Malte Timmermann's message
> describes in what order the code from the CWSes was meant to be
> integrated.

	It is very useful for archiving & understanding on the off chance that
IBM don't meet their commitment to do the right thing and get this into
Apache in a form that we can easily consume.

	The real question is - should we spend time continuing the (nice) work
that Malte started, when we know that IBM have this done & working
in-house, and have committed to release it at some stage.

	AFAICS that is still not a great use of developer time, though we can
help support a volunteer that wants to that I guess. It has the
potential to make merging IBM's re-worked version of what they publicly
released before even more painful though -> so in fact this could
potentially waste developer time twice. Ideally we'd have a commitment
from whomever did the merging that they would then help unwind the
consequences / merge the delta to IBM's work later.

	IMHO the best outcome is still for IBM to live up to their public
commitments and release the IAcc2 integration code, and for us to merge
it as/when that is done. As/when/until they do them - I suspect this
space will stay as sterile - for which IBM bear a large responsibility.

	Then again - it is a really nice feature that would be great to have,
not least due to it dropping a Java dependency.

	Anyhow, that's my take, sorry if that's not the answer you want.

	HTH,

		Michael.