[Libreoffice] subsequenttest hang ...

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 17:01:51 PDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 5:44 PM, Michael Stahl <mst at openoffice.org> wrote:
> On 26.09.2011 20:46, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>>
>> Tinderboxes need to handle non-terminating builds, anyway (think a
>> non-terminating, say, idlc), so no need to address non-terminating tests
>> specifically for them.
>
> or, for a more realistic example, a non-terminating autodoc :-P

To date my tinderboxes have ran 9758 build... I can't recall them
hanging more than 3 or 4 times... and 2 of these times where in the
past 7 days, due to make check.

so sure in theory idlc, autodoc, gcc, ld, bash, etc _could_ hang... in
practice I like the odds.

Don't get me wrong... I'd love to run make check on these boxes... but
not if that means that I have to watch them like milk on fire (1)...

Norbert

(1) it occurred to me that this French expression may not translate
well. "a surveiller comme du lait sur le feux" means to keep close and
attentive watch... milk being notorious --  when it start boiling --
for quickly overflowing the pot.