old registrymodifications.xcu is overwritten by LO3.6dev

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 02:04:08 PDT 2012

On 04/02/2012 10:41 AM, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Stephan Bergmann schrieb:
>> On 03/31/2012 02:10 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
>>> Is it intended that the old registrymodifications.xcu is overwritten?
>>
>> registrymodifications.xcu typically gets re-written with every run of LO
>> (even usually being re-written multiple times during a single run). It
>> changes whenever data that is stored in the configuration changes -- be
>> that "Tools - Options" entries explicitly modified by the user, window
>> positions/sizes implicitly modified by dragging things around, or ...
>
> It is about the fact, that all existing entries are lost. I had a 947KB
> file and after installation of LO3.6 it is 36KB. Even die fields "User
> Data" are empty.

On Windows?  There was an issue with LO migrating existing user data
onto itself (in which case it would drop most existing content of
registrymodifications.xcu), but that should be fixed on master for a
month now, see
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=76e0d695a41326a5583dbc9702e0ce3b8219b514>
"Move migrateSettingsIfNecessary into create_user_install" and
<http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2012-February/027058.html>
"User installation migrated onto itself."

Stephan