Headless for everything in build? (Re: [Libreoffice-commits] .: hwpfilter/CppunitTest_hwpfilter_test_hwpfilter.mk)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Apr 2 03:27:34 PDT 2012

On Thursday 29 of March 2012, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 16:56 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  Is there any need to run UI stuff during build? IOW, can't we simply
> > globally force using headless for everything during build?
>
> Unix has the env SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=svp which would force headless mode.
> Though I don't think macosx or windows honors that, hence the --headless

 I see. On the other hand, I think it's only Unix where it matters, as only
there we use vclplugs (which I'm not even sure have proper make dependencies
on), and only those should possibly time out on D-Bus.

> I'm not sure why e.g. the fairly simple hwpfilter test, or any of them
> really, would end up triggering anything UI-related. I guess there might
> be some painful-to-fix assumption somewhere that tries to create a
> dialog or render some text into a drawable and want to query the
> desktop-settings for the default fontoptions on the system or some such
> which cascades out of control.

 I have checked that adding --headless to all cppunittests passes make check
fine, and at least some tinderboxes build without any UI available, so I
think it makes sense to simply use it always and not require manual addition
to every single test. Committed as 802518c59a2cf4b47ff893305ad9781db4353ec2 .

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz