Android UI work

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 2 07:59:06 PDT 2012

Hi *,

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:
>> so for the native Mac GUI port in OOo 3.0 the Start
>> Centre was designed (in its fully gradiented glory) so it can be shown
>> to those posh Mac users in the case when no document is opened.
>
> ("posh"?)
>
> Oh, odd, as that's not how "normal" Mac apps work, is it?
>
> If you have no documents open in TextEdit, for instance, no window is
> open (but the TextEdit menu bar still is showing).

TextEdit only handles one kind of documents.

> So if the Start
> Centre was designed because of Mac, somebody was misunderstanding how
> Mac apps behave. Or am *I* misunderstanding?

In the ol' days, OpenOffice.org started with a writer document on Mac.
This lead to a load of questions like "how would I create a
spreadsheet or presentation". Or the alternative: "I want my default
document (i.e. what gets opened when I start OOo) to be a spreadsheet,
I never edit text, I only do calculations".

So the startcenter was not for when all documents are closed, but when
it is launched. (hence the name)

> Or do some (3rd-party?)
> Mac apps behave like LO,

Is there a third-party-app that is comparable to LO? I.e. has one
launcher, but handles different kind of documents?

ciao
Christian