intermittent flaw in gnumake deps on Win32 ..

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 13:12:44 PDT 2012

On 30/03/12 13:05, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> On 30 March 2012 11:36, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote:
>>        Regina's problem comes down to a corrupt .d file.
>>
>>        Any ideas how that could happen ? are these generated by a pipeline ?
>> are we failing to delete them if a compile fails mid-flow ?
>
> They are generated by a pipeline:
> $(CXX) ... | filter-showIncludes.pl <dep-file> <object> <source>; exit
> ${PIPESTATUS[0]}

Kendy told me on IRC that he has fixed the filter-showIncludes.pl on
master so that it writes to a temp file and when that is complete, moves
it over the target .d dep-file, which should hopefully prevent this kind
of problem in the future.  i've just pushed that to libreoffice-3-5 as well.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-5&id=9d8662264abfad3da87e1662abda4556333889f0