extraordinary stoc/ thrash ...

Enrico Weigelt enrico.weigelt at vnc.biz
Mon Apr 2 20:15:40 PDT 2012

> 	What would be ultimately nice would be to rid ourselves of this
> XRegistry 'stuff' and have a simple XML file, read into some simple
> structures, and added to a couple of hashes for the common lookup
> patterns we want. Is there any chance of doing that separately, so we
> can sever the back-compatible .rdb reading for LibreOffice 4 mostly
> by code removal ?

Maybe that XML file could even be mmap'ed, just having the index on
heap. Depending on the actual structure and access patterns, the
whole thing could also be splitted into several files, and just use
the filesystem hierachy as index.

Do you already have some ideas how that XML file would look like ?

cu