string / size bits ... #2 ...

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Tue Apr 3 01:29:35 PDT 2012

> Okay. Do situations where std::string doesnt suffice happen that often,
> that we need to OUString virtually everywhere ?

You aren't telling us anything we don't know already. Sure, stopping
using UTF-16 strings in situations where it is just ASCII anyway that
is handled is one thing we want to investigate doing eventually. Or
moving to UTF-8 strings even. We are not suffering from a lack of good
(or even crazy) ideas. But ideas are not trivial to implement.

--tml