extraordinary stoc/ thrash ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Apr 3 04:57:16 PDT 2012

Hi Stephan,

On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 10:41 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> Yes, this is indeed a bit of a tragedy.  The relevant UNO types and
> services bootstrapping code is very old, and concepts are tightly knit

	Thanks for your lovely detailed write-up, I'm just editing it into the
stoc/README, hopefully it'll do some good there.

> That way, you have a chance of surviving the process.  But you also
> pile up guilt.

	Lol :-) well, we managed to keep it going, despite the guilt pile
somehow :-) I guess in this case we'll hack something evil, but writing
a duplicate, much simpler xml parser at a higher level to read only the
new XML .rdb files and whacking them straight into a hash or two might
be a nice easy-hack to have around :-)

> I guess I'll have to have a look at that mess once more (and hopefully
> for the last time). -- We need to get started with our journey to LO 4
> dreamland anyway, I'd say.

	Yes - roll on LibreOffice4 :-) I'm hoping that LO 3.7 should be 4.0
but ... ;-) need to discuss that at more length.

	All the best,

		Michael.