The C-style definitions of SAL_CONST_CAST and SAL_STATIC_CAST

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Apr 3 09:25:10 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 17:52 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 of April 2012, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > (SAL_REINTERPRET_CAST is not used anywhere, says opengrok, so that can
> > be binned outright.)
>
>  Stuff from sal/ is public API, so you should not remove anything from there
> or you might break backwards compatibility for somebody (the fix is trivial
> here, but still).

	True, true - but pragmatically if you have an old extension, that you
want to work on lots of older OpenOffice.org's / LibreOffices you'll
want to build with an old SDK, since the new ones automagically require
a newer LibreOffice.

	So - IMHO we shouldn't be overly concerned about this level of source /
API breakage as long as the ABI stays backwards compatible.

	HTH,

		Michael.