Macro for #ifdef of deprecated stuff (Re: The C-style definitions of SAL_CONST_CAST and SAL_STATIC_CAST)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Apr 4 09:13:43 PDT 2012

On Tuesday 03 of April 2012, Noel Grandin wrote:
> Don't we have a macro for marking these kinds of things as deprecated?

 There is SAL_DEPRECATED, but that is for marking C++ code, it doesn't work
during preprocessing.

> > is there some macro that is defined by LO build system for which we can
> > assume that nobody outside of LO uses it?  we could wrap the deprecated
> > cruft in an #ifndef now, and remove it for LO4.

 I could use a macro for a somewhat similar purpose, I'd need #ifdef for until
we can break binary compatibility
(osl_detail_ObjectRegistry_getMutex() gets a warning with Clang that can be
cleanly fixed only by breaking binary compatibility).

 Do we have something for either of these?

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz