[Libreoffice-commits] .: Clean up optional online update module

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 00:49:00 PDT 2012

2012.04.05. 21:23 keltezéssel, Stephan Bergmann írta:
>> * The updatecheckui lib is part of that module; should its scp entry
>> also be
>> marked ComponentCondition="ISCHECKFORPRODUCTUPDATES=1"?
>
> Andras, do you have insight on the above?

Yes, I think so. Probably the feature is blocked anyway, but it is
cleaner, when we don't install unused/useless files.

>> * unpack_update (and other scripts as well?) need only be generated if
>> ENABLE_ONLINE_UPDATE.
>>
>> * It is inconsistent that there is a distinct onlineupdate.xcd not
>> merged into
>> main.xcd, while the updchk and updatecheckui component files are
>> merged into
>> the global services.rdb.
>
> Is online update considered a true optional module, that users (of the
> Windows installer, esp.) are intended to (de-)select individually? If
> yes, we should move its lib component files into an rdb of its own. If
> not, we should instead merge onlineupdate.xcd into main.xcd.

It is a selectable feature in Windows installer (selected by default).
Enterprise users may want to disable online update, because they deploy
the updates centrally managed.

>> * The updchk res file should also go into (a resource sub-module of) the
>> optional online update module.

+1

Best regards,
Andras