Build Failure on Cygwin Windows

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Apr 12 04:38:38 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-12 at 12:57 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> rumor has it that putting the source in Cygwin home has never ever
> worked, but i have no idea why.

The conversion from unix-style /cygdrive/c/paths to /c/paths when
handing the paths to native tools does a simple search and replace. Any
cygwin paths which don't conform to /cygdrive/X are all horribly mangled
by the to and from process, so /home and /tmp don't work :-(

I burned some time trying to make it work, but higher priority stuff
scuppered me. Here's a diff of some hacking I was playing with to try
and work through it.

C.