new tinderbox at my company

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Apr 12 08:08:48 PDT 2012

On Thursday 12 of April 2012, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz> wrote:
> >>
> >> Great :-)

> >> tinbuild2
> >
> >  Shouldn't the (obsolete I assume) tinbuild be simply removed in the
> > repository?
>
> Well, that is the usual soft-transition problem...
> I don't know if someone is still using the original tinbuild script...
> maybe renaming it tinbuild-old or something and see if someone is
> screaming ?

 Does the old script provide something the new one doesn't? It's not developed
anymore anyway, so if somebody insists so much on using it, they just can
stick with an old commit, for the same result. But the transition appears to
be rather simple, so I see little point in staying with it. And it was rather
confusing to see two different things in the same repo when I was setting up
my tinderbox.

On Thursday 12 of April 2012, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Noel Grandin <noel at peralex.com> wrote:
> > Note that how to setup the flock binary is not documented in the
> > README.tinbuild2 anywhere, but I worked it out :-)
>
> really? you made it work on Windows ?
> so far I always used -e to disable flock...

 I've read somewhere that the most recent Cygwin version has some locking
fixes. The Win-x86 at 6-fast tinderbox uses it too (although it's the only build
running there, so I can't say how much it actually works in practice).

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz